The Basin Committee is the General Assembly of the Water Agency Liptako. IT is responsible for the implementation of the national water policy in the management area concerned through the SDAGE and SAGE; In particular in the area of jurisdiction of the Basin Committee:
- the approval of the multi-year program of activities and the corresponding budget;
- approval of the accounts for each financial year prior to transmission to the Court of Auditors;
- proposed appointment and removal of directors;
- any change in the security agreement;
- the hearing of the Board of Directors reports.
Composition and operation of the Basin Committee
The Basin Committee is made up two-thirds (2/3) of the members of public law and one third (1/3) of the members of private law.
This principle is valid in all collegiate bodies of the Water Agency Liptako.
The Basin Committee is composed of three college members on an equal basis and distributed as follows:
- fourteen (14) representatives of the State;
- fourteen (14) representatives of Local Authorities;
- fourteen (14) representatives of the various categories of users (private members).